My throat is closing.
My eyes are filling,
My stomach clenching.
I'm not sure how to do this,
Not sure what comes next.
I knew this day would come,
But I had no idea it would feel like this.
My heart pounds
As my mouth dries out.
My eyes overflow
While sobs stop in my throat.
You are my lifeline,
The only one who understands.
But today I have to let you go,
Today I leave you alone.
All the things I want to say to you is
Overshadowed by everything I cannot say aloud.
I know that I'll worry about you
And I know that won't be able to see you.
These tears I shed aren't a bad thing,
But rather an admission of how much you mean to me.
And this is my way of saying to you
Exactly how much I love and cherish you.
And not only can I say that I love you,
But what I never could say to your face:
You are so much more than a friend to me.
You are everything I look for in a man and more.
But because I can never say this to you,
I'm saying it here and leaving it at that.
Mostly because I love our friendship too much,
And I would do anything for you to always need me like this.
So goodbye for the last time,
I treasured every moment we spent together.
I hope and pray that I'll see you again,
And know that you are always in my prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment