Sunday, September 12, 2010

All I Ever Wanted...

Just one look, and I knew it was hopeless.
That smile, those eyes, the laugh that you have
All these things make me melt when I'm around you.
And yet, all I ever wanted...

All I ever wanted was to be yours.
All I ever wanted was to be loved, valued, and supported.
All I ever wanted was my time to shine.
All I ever wanted was you.

But when the storm clouds come, and come they do, where were you?
My sunshine and rainbow outlook on life can't last forever.
With you in my life, the storm stayed away.
But just like always, it returned to blot out my sun.

All I ever wanted was to be yours.
All I ever wanted was to be loved, valued, and supported.
All I ever wanted was my time to shine.
All I ever wanted was you.

The storm clouds gather, awaiting my weak moment.
And for just one instant, my sun wavers, and the clouds descend.
All I ever wanted was to know you care, to know I'm loved.
I guess all I ever wanted was just too much to ask.

All I ever wanted was to be yours.
All I ever wanted was to be loved, valued, and supported.
All I ever wanted was my time to shine.
All I ever wanted was you.

The decision was yours, but look at the affect it had.
You helped the clouds invade my happy place,
You're the reason my rainbows were shattered.
Thanks a lot for destroying all I ever wanted...

All I ever wanted was to be yours.
All I ever wanted was to be loved, valued, and supported.
All I ever wanted was my time to shine.
All I ever wanted was you.

As I struggle and strain against the chains these clouds bring,
I wonder what could possibly have caused you to let this happen to me again.
Maybe it wasn't even a conscious decision, but you must be made aware of the effects.
Your choice today made my sunshine disappear, made my life that much darker.

All I ever wanted was to be yours.
All I ever wanted was to be loved, valued, and supported.
All I ever wanted was my time to shine.
All I ever wanted was you.

Then suddenly, the storm and the chains break.
I'm free once more, no thanks to you, mi amor.
I can honestly say I'm stronger now,
But I can honestly say that I wish this had never happened.

All I ever wanted was to be yours.
All I ever wanted was to be loved, valued, and supported.
All I ever wanted was my time to shine.
All I ever wanted was you.

My inner sun is back, my rainbows have returned.
The clouds dispersed, my sky is clear as can be.
Thank you for this lesson. No more will I trust.
None other than God can I trust, no one but myself and God.
Maybe one of these days I'll get all I ever wanted...

No comments:

Post a Comment