They still ring true for me today.
For awhile, I was able to keep the dark thoughts at bay. For years I was able to keep the hurt away. And until quite recently, I was happy and carefree. But now the darkness yearns for me, I see it daily, grasping at me. I fight it off, but some days are better than others. Today is not one of those days.
Today I feel the darkness touching me, I feel the roiling clouds of hate and shadow. Today I almost want to give in to the darkness, but I always keep sight of those I love. My family, my friends, they are what keep me from letting the darkness take me.
If I were not loved, I would not be living in the light. I would be consumed by the darkness, lost in the hate, the anger, the shadows.
But I am loved. I am loved by my family, and by my friends. Some days, I may doubt my friends, but I never doubt my family.
Each day is a struggle, each moment is a fight. I hope that the day I fear the most will not come. That one day I will not give in to the darkness that fights for control over me. This day may still come, but not if I can help it. I will not give in. I will not lose faith. I will not let the darkness take control of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment